Re: excluding files from backup conduit

Ok I've looked in
~/.gnome2/gnome-pilot.d/

I'm not finding a backup-conduit file, is it possible that I don't
have it yet because i haven't yet had a successful backup? or am I
just not looking in the right places?

question…if I have no backup-conduit file, can I create it with the one line

exclude_files=NetLibrary blah blah2\\ moreBlah2 Blah3 Blah4\\ moreBlah4\\ Blah5

is that all that needs to be in the file?

2nd question… How do I list files on palm with a >64k segment?

On 1/8/07, Matt Davey <mcdavey mrao cam ac uk> wrote:
On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 07:39 -0500, aka.bugle wrote:
> Matt
> thanks for the reply!
>   So... I should upgrade my pilot link to > 11.8 (12.0)? In a previous
> post you stated that I would be unable to sync with Evolution if I
> didn't use pl 11.8.

If you are having success using pl 0.11.8, I wouldn't recommend
upgrading.  Using the 'exclude_files' mechanism to avoid crashes in the
backup conduit is a usable workaround for the backup conduit crash.  If
you don't have other problems, why upgrade?

If you upgrade, then you will have to deal with patching and rebuilding
evolution.  This can be done.  Ubuntu and fedora rawhide, for example,
are shipping pilot-link 0.12.1, gnome-pilot 2.0.14/15 and a patched
version of Evolution.  So, you could take a look at the patches they're
using for evolution.  One reference for the patch is:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-patches/2006-August/msg00083.html

As I said above, though, I wouldn't bother upgrading if your only
remaining problem is the backup crash that the 'exclude_files' mechanism
can work around.

Matt

Matt Davey              Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk