excluding files from backup conduit

Pilotists...
Howdy!
Whats the method for excluding files from the backup conduit?  I have an application in palm (filez, I'm sure you've heard of it) that I can change attributes of palm files e.g. removing the backup attrib'... however this seems to have no effect on the backup conduit?????

  I've read that  the LifeDrive and Palm TX's blazer (palm web browser) and some of the wifi libraries can cause problems with the backup conduit. My backup stalls 1/2 way thru .

--
Best Regards,
                          ~david