problems regarding recover using gnome-pilot 2.0.13

Hi all,

I know there is a new version on the web page. Do I realy need to update, if
have the following problem?

My palm tungsten c unfortunately dropped all data :-(

Now I run the gnome-palm applet and resend the palm-id entry to the
device. That worked fine so far.

If I want to recover the data using "Restore" in the applet menu
the synchronisation runs for about half a second but does not
restorev anything to my palm device.

Do I miss something? How to restore the lost data (yes I did a
palm backup soem days before)?

Thanks for all help.
Fabian