Re: Call for testers! (and updated pre-release tarball)

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 09:43 -0400, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> 	It doesn't like USB (crashes immediately when the Palm
> connects), or throws the error below at connect time, then
> immediately disconnects:
>
> (gnome-pilot:11720): gpilotd-WARNING **: looking for string:
> Vendor=0830 ProdID=0061

this is just a debug message I forgot to remove.  It indicates a hal
callback has been received, and gpilotd is seeing if the new usb device
is listed in devices.xml.

> gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600
>
> (gnome-pilot:11720): gpilotd-WARNING **: An error occurred while
> getting the pilot's system data

This looks exactly like my favourite pilot-link bug #1585.  Try
configuring a USB timeout of zero.

> 	It doesn't like network, dies with the error below:
>
> (gnome-pilot:8748): gpilotd-WARNING **: looking for string:
> Vendor=0830 ProdID=0061
>
> gpilotd-Message: Woke on network: Treo 650
>
> (gnome-pilot:8748): gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to returned -200:

gnome-pilot is waking up with the USB device connection, whereas you
want a network sync.  Does netsync work if you disable the gnome-pilot
USB wakeup using the applet -- i.e. use the gpilotd-control-applet to
disable the 'USB' device type and just listen to the network.

I wonder how best to handle that?  I guess pilot-xfer only ever listens
to one device, so it isn't an issue.

> 	The stock gnome-pilot in Ubuntu Dapper does sync, without too
> many problems and no crashes, but this version doesn't even connect
> enough to get to identify the user.

Yes, #1585.  Ubuntu uses 0.11.8, doesn't it?

> 	I've updated devices.xml to include my Treo's information, but
> it really doesn't seem to like it. I'll try to compare what the Dapper
> package has that these do not, and see what I can figure out.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Matt Davey        Why do elephants have big ears?
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	Because Noddy won't pay the ransom.