Re: Call for testers!

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 10:10 +0100, Matt Davey wrote:
> I only got the chance to try the HAL option myself just now.  It
> didn't work for me out of the box.  I've queried the author.

        I had to grab autogen.sh from the gnome-pilot CVS tree to re-gen
configure and aclocal to point to the right paths. It was missing the
GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS macro definition (which we're not checking for,
we should add a check for gnome-common first here), and there were some
weird buglets with the rpath in the .la files
in /usr/lib/gnome-pilot/conduits, which point to bogus, non-existant
paths. Not really a problem here, but those paths do get sucked into the
final link line for ./gpilotd/ in this tree.

        Re-running autogen solved all of those, and properly picks up
the libs from /usr/local/lib instead of using /usr/lib/ first. I passed
--with-pisock=/usr/local/ at configure time but it still breaks it.

        Now I can try to test it. This took a little while to dig into
and figure out. Quite a few little buglets in there to work out before I
got to this point ;)

        NOW I can beat it up properly.

--
David A. Desrosiers