Re: Synchronization trouble: "An error occured while getting the pilot's system data"

> * I'm using the following RPMS from Fedora Core:
> 	gnome-pilot-2.0.13-2
> 	pilot-link-0.12.0-0.pre3.0.fc4.1
> The same problem happens with "pilot-link-0.12.0-0.pre2.0".

gpilotd works well with pilot-link 0.11.8.  I haven't heard any success
stories so far with pilot-link-0.12.x and gpilotd.  I personally have
faced problems with this combination.  I would also be interested in
hearing a solution to it.

> * I'm using "udev", so the device file "/dev/ttyUSB1" for my USB port
> exists only during synchronization; "gpilotd" didn't like this.  So I
> created a device file "/usr/local/dev/pilot" with the same device
> numbers (188, 1) and permissions 666; "gpilotd" uses this device.
As far as configuring your palm stuff, checkout the brief write-up
http://www.clasohm.com/blog/one-entry?entry_id=12096 here.

HTH,

V. Varadhan