How do I use the "File" conduit

This is on an FC3 box. As I migrate form My Kyocera 7135 to my Zire 72s I'm having problems moving some stuff. Databases for Pilot DB and HandyShopper (An incredibly handy program) mostly.

I can't get pilot-xfer to work because it expects /dev/pilot to be there when it starts and that isn't created until I hit the hotsync button and disappears until the pilot times out. If I hit the hotsync button before running it it doesn't work either.

I have the files conduit enabled in the Pilot Settings. I just don't know where to put the files to be transfered. I have a several palms and gpilot-install-file only has the --now and --later switches, none to specify which pilot.

How do I go about this?

Another thing. There are a couple of locked applets I'd like to get off the 7135 and try on the Zire. I paid for them I should be able to. How do I go about unlocking them if I can at all?

--
Mark Healey
marklist healeyonline com