Re: gnome-pilot + Evolution + Tungsten T5

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 07:24 +0200, Joern Muehlencord wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 12:35 -0600, Veerapuram Varadhan wrote:
> > > Just in case, did you check the port that you configured in gpilot for
> > > syncing and the actual port that gets created when you press the hotsync
> > > button?  Are they same?
> I know that the port is created when I am pressing the hotsync button.
> But gpilot does not react.

See the previous post from Nigel Metheringham.  The T5 is supported from
2.0.13 onwards.  You are running 2.0.12, so add a line for the T5 into
/usr/share/gnome-pilot/devices.xml:
<device vendor_id="0830" product_id="0061" />

> What is the best way to make a 100% backup of my palm - may be even
> Windows based.

pilot-xfer -b /my/backup/dir
I recommend 'man pilot-xfer', too.

gnome-pilot also has a 'backup-conduit' which maintains a backup on
every sync.

> Currently I am syncing with my Outlook at work. The goal
> is to sync with both to have all data on the T5, Outlook (work) and
> Evolution (home).

Note that this can lead to duplicate records: if you update a record on
outlook and evolution you'll get both on the palm, for example.  You'll
have to merge/delete by hand.

Matt Davey		I do not know myself, and God forbid
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	   that I should.  -- Johann von Goethe