Re: gnome-pilot + Evolution + Tungsten T5

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 09:44 +0100, Matt Davey wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 22:01 +0200, Jonatan Åkerlind wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I've searched around a bit but haven't found if the gpilot Evolution
> > conduits support Tungsten T5 (Palm OS5 ??) style databases.
>
> pilot-link, the palm communication library that underlies all the linux
> palm apps (gnome-pilot, kpilot, jpilot, etc.) doesn't yet support
> the OS5 PIM extensions, but it is on their roadmap.  You could look
> through the pilot-link-general and pilot-link-devel mailing lists
> and pilot-link.org to get an idea of current status.  Once that is
> in place, we could expect to see Evolution add support on their side.

However the T5 style devices also support (by internal hackery) the
older style PIM databases.  My Treo 650 (pretty much the same version of
PalmOS as the T5) syncs happily enough with evolution - the only problem
(that I notice) being that the location tag of appointments doesn't
carry across - but then I use DateBk5 so I don't have that on the Treo
either...

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]