Re: gnome-pilot + Evolution + Tungsten T5

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 23:09 +0200, Joern Muehlencord wrote:
> Hi,

> > > pilot-link, the palm communication library that underlies all the linux
> > > palm apps (gnome-pilot, kpilot, jpilot, etc.) doesn't yet support
> > > the OS5 PIM extensions, but it is on their roadmap.  You could look
> > > through the pilot-link-general and pilot-link-devel mailing lists
> > > and pilot-link.org to get an idea of current status.  Once that is
> > > in place, we could expect to see Evolution add support on their side.
> mh, my gpilot does not sync at all, because it does not find the T5 at
> the USB port. The jpilot application does - at least in basic!?! Do you
> have some hints or links to resolve this problems?

You must be using a relatively old version of gnome-pilot.
If you are lucky it is recent enough to have a devices.xml file -
typically in /usr/share/gnome-pilot/devices.xml

Edit that, add a stanza for your device (I think the T5 is the same as
my Treo, which has the same idea as the Zire 31, so the stanza looks
like:-
   <!-- Palm Zire 31 -->
   <device vendor_id="0830" product_id="0061" />

If your gnome-pilot does not have a devices.xml you probably should
upgrade.  Your alternative is to edit the source for your version and
add the USB numbers.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]