A question for gnome-pilot.

Hi, there,

This could be a simple question for you. :)

I hope to use gnome-pilot on device port "USB:". In
gpilotd-control-applet, there's no way to input the port "USB:" since
there's a validation of the string of the port. I found it in file
capplet/util.c, function insert_device_callback. Seems the code forces
the port to be alphabetic character or digital and start with a "/".

I'm wondering if we can make the constraint a little bit loose so that
we can have "USB:" as valid string. Just add ":" as another valid
character and remove the check of first "/". But will there be any bad
consequence?

Also, how can I add the "USB:" into the combo box, together with
something like "/dev/ttyS0"? So users can choose it from the default
list.

Best regards,
Calvin