Re: Sync Evolution and Visor

> David, great work with the maintenance of pilot-link.

	Thank you. It went a few years without a steady maintainer, and it
was in danger of being forked off, chopped up, and disseminated by other
projects, which wouldn't have been good for the users that rely on it for
their own data and Palm devices.

> The 'presence' of the maintainer(s?) seems vastly better than for
> gnome-pilot.  Hey, you even have a homepage.  Many thanks.

	To be fair, Eskil (the previous gnome-pilot maintainer) has
completely vanished, quite literally. Nobody has seen or heard from him in a
few years, and nobody seems to know where he went.

	jpr is the new maintainer, but gnome-pilot isn't one of his "core"
responsibilities, now that he works for Novell (via his Ximian employ). He
works on Evolution and the Evolution conduits (as well as many other
things), which consumes a good majority of his time. Right now from what I
understand, they're doing a migration from Evolution 1.4 to 1.5, so he isn't
as involved in the gnome-pilot side of things right now.

	The old gnome-pilot project page is probably still in google because
people keep searching for it. To be honest, no developer really wants to
spend time making a project website, when they can be focusing on the code
itself. Would you rather have a nice website for the project? Or updates and
releases?

	If anyone wants to volunteer to make a gnome-pilot homepage, I'm
sure jpr would not object, because that takes one more thing off of his
plate. Try to stick with the new Ximian/GNOME website themes that they're
using (developer.gnome.org is a good baseline to work from). I'm only
guessing that they don't have anyone working on a website for gnome-pilot,
so feel free to help out there, and offload that task from the rest of us.

	All in all, we're "Moving Forward(tm)" with fixes, changes, and
updates to the projects, but we also have to make sure we keep our rent and
bills paid..

d.