Re: Issue setting up Sync with Handspring Visor Deluxe

> In that case, I'm probably going to be living with this issue for a bit.
> Or I'm just going to be using pilot-xfer for now.  I'm a fair newbie to
> Linux, and I'm not nearly up to recompiling the kernel yet.  I think I'll
> be waiting for RedHat to release an RPM with an updated kernel for the
> moment, unless my comfort-level with this increases drasticly first.

	Note: it will still continue to crash with pilot-xfer and friends.
ANYTHING that uses that driver on that kernel will cause it to crash, seems
to happen in random places, but mostly on visor_close() when the driver
cleans up and exits. Using pilot-link over gnome-pilot won't stop it from
happening.

	The other solution is to reboot when you can't sync, which will free
the driver and restart the whole process over again. Compiling a kernel
isn't that hard at all, you can try reading my concise HOWTO[1] on the
subject if you wish.

	Barring that, perhaps someone else can show you how to do it? I can
walk you through it on irc, if you have time and the proper tools onboard.

[1] Linux Kernel HOWTO http://howto.gnu-designs.com/kernel-HOWTO

d.