Re: Issue setting up Sync with Handspring Visor Deluxe

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 06:42, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> 	The other solution is to reboot when you can't sync, which will free
> the driver and restart the whole process over again. Compiling a kernel
> isn't that hard at all, you can try reading my concise HOWTO[1] on the
> subject if you wish.
> 	Barring that, perhaps someone else can show you how to do it? I can
> walk you through it on irc, if you have time and the proper tools onboard.

I will do a read-through of your FAQ and take a look at what's what.
Aside from the source, I've certainly got all the tools necessary to do
a kernel compile already installed, so it's a matter of deciding to go
ahead & do it.

However, if you hear loud screams of agony coming from the general
direction of Iowa, you'll know I'm in trouble...

One question I do have, though.  From my read-through of RedHat Linux
7.2 Unleashed, I know (or at least think I know) that, at compile time,
you can compile some of the modules right into the kernel, so that they
don't have to load.

Am I correct & can this be done with the visor driver?  Do you (or
anybody else)recommend doing?  If so, how much overhead does it cost?
Unfortunately, on the machine I'm using right now, I'm limited to 256M
max memory (it's almost 4 yrs old), and I currently only have 192M
installed (to change as soon as I decide it's worth the effort to run
over to Best Buy...)

Recommendations?