Re: Issue setting up Sync with Handspring Visor Deluxe

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 23:49, Douglas J. Renze wrote:
> I seem to be having the same issue setting up a hotsync with the
> Handspring Visor Deluxe (USB Cradle) as everybody else
> does...unfortunately, I've tried everything that I've been able to
> from both an archive search here in the list & from a Usenet search
> over on google.  So please forgive the redundant question...but is
> there a recipe for getting this to work?
>
> I'm using RH 8.0, kernel 2.4.18-14.  I have USB support enabled.  I've
> tried switching my cable from one USB port on my puter to the other,
> I've got the symbolic link of /dev/pilot->/dev/ttyUSB1 set up, I've
> tried directly addressing the port through both /dev/ttyUSB0 and
> /dev/ttyUSB1...and nothing.

The most obvious thing is permissions on the usb device. Have you made
/dev/ttyUSB1 world writable, or at least group writable and made
yourself a member of the pda (or whatever) group?

--
Stuart Luppescu -=- s-luppescu uchicago edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR