Re: Issue setting up Sync with Handspring Visor Deluxe

> Help?  I'm the president & chief computer geek of the company I own, and
> this is the primary issue that's keeping me from switching my company
> systems 100% over to RH from Windows.

	I can help you if you'd like. Make sure pilot-link works with your
device first, to ensure base functionality at the device level and the
kernel level. This means killing off gpilotd and running dlpsh or pilot-xfer
or any of the other tools in the pilot-link suite. With a USB Palm handheld,
you _must_ hit HotSync on the cradle first, then launch pilot-xfer or
whatever other tool you choose. With gnome-pilot, it polls for the existance
of the port, so this isn't necessary (assuming you're running 0.1.71 of
gnome-pilot of course).

	If pilot-link works, then I'd suggest looking into kernel bugs
(2.4.18 is quite old, a year old in two weeks in fact) and make sure that
you don't have a driver crashing on you. lsmod will show you that the
'visor' driver is loaded. If there is anything but '0' in the "Used By"
column for that module, you'll need to upgrade your kernel.

	Start there, then we can proceed with further debugging.

d.