MAL conduit update, malsync has changed

Hi -- the MAL conduit seems to need updating to be compatible with
AvantGo 3.0 and higher, on trying to runit I get this error message:

MALconduit-Message: MALconduit 0.2
Connecting to AvantGo 3.0/3.1 Upgrade Server: upgrade.avantgo.com

I downloaded the source of malsync 2.0.4 from

http://www.tomw.org/malsync/

and tried to replace the mal stuff in gnome-pilot-conduits-0.4 with the
mal stuff in that distro. I did get the conduit to compile and install
but loading the library failed on synchronization. I have little or now
idea how to properly generate the Makefile.am and Makefile.in files in
the "mal" directory, so I copied the Makefile.am files from the
gnome-pilot-conduits directories and ran automake. Apparently there is
something wrong with the Makefiles, since the complaint when libmal
fails suggests problems in linking. The error message is this:

libgpilotdcm-WARNING **: unable to g_module_open(/usr/lib/gnome-pilot/conduits/libmal_conduit.so),
 reason /usr/lib/gnome-pilot/conduits/libmal_conduit.so: undefined symbol: AGBufNetSocketClose

It would be helpful if someone who understands this stuff could look at
this so the MAL conduit would work again with gnome-pilot.

I'm sorry I could not accomplish this!

Regards,

Markus
--
Markus Jantti				|	Department of Statistics
markus.jantti@abo.fi			|	Abo Akademi University
PGP public key: http://www.abo.fi/~mjantti/pubring.asc