Re: Hello everyone :)

> Just got a Visor a few weeks ago, after several years on a PalmPilot
> Pro.  It looks cool ("ice"), I had no significant trouble setting it
> up on Linux -- just installed 2.4-test5.  Now I'm just waiting for the
> springboard that makes it into an MP3 player.

	There already is one, actually, and for the Palm as well (a
clip-on).

	There are several reasons why I personally don't like the Visor:

	1. You can't upgrade the OS on them, unless you get an OS on a
           Springboard, and if you do that, you use any other Springboards
           while running that OS. (They promise that you can "replace" the
           running OS by using an OS on a Springboard, but I have yet to
           see this happen.)

	2. There is no Flash on the device.

	3. Proprietary slot architecture.

	4. The worst backlight out of all 17 Palms out there (including
           those by TRG (which has the industry-recognized best backlight,
           yes I own one of these too.) and the Symbol units.

	...but as long as it works for you... that's great! Welcome to the
fold. Eskil will now show you the secret handshake... heheh. Are you
willing to help us test and develop our packages to support USB and IrDA
and Visor integration?

	The Visor is the only Palm unit I do not personally own. I have
all of the others, in single or duplicate. One of these days I may break
down and get one, but I have no immediate pressing need, atm.