Re: New spec files uploaded

On Tue, 2002-01-22 at 22:12, Evandro Fernandes Giovanini wrote:
> Em Qua, 2002-01-23 ās 03:43, Gregory Leblanc escreveu:
> > Alright, after the beating I took last time, I've just uploaded a new
> > set of spec files for the -developer platform- of GNOME 2.0.  If you
> > look at the depends.dia file from
> > http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/notes/, you'll see that it's the
> > complete developer platform, except for glade, which hasn't been ported
> > to GNOME 2 yet (and probably won't be in time for GNOME 2.0).
>
> Really? There's a glade2 module in CVS and it seems to build fine. I
> think it even has some screenshots on the dotplan page.

Hmm, ok, maybe I'll have to double check on this one.  /me pokes release
engineer people...

Looks like glade is unported, and glade2 "doesn't really work yet".
Either way, there aren't any tarballs for it, which is all we care about
that the moment, isn't it?  :)

> > The desktop packages will be different, because I'll be re-writing those
> > to install into a non-standard prefix, most likely.
>
> You can do that by adding the following to the spec files:
>
> %define _prefix /opt/gnome
> %define _sysconfdir /etc/opt/gnome
>
> You may want to create a gnomesupport package that will add
> /opt/gnome/bin to PATH, /opt/gnome/lib to ld.so.conf and so on. (or you
> may do this in libgnome and have everything that depends on it and
> itself in /opt/gnome, and the other libraries in /usr).

The ld.so.conf is easy, the PATH, hmm, I can hack that into
/etc/bashrc.  GNOME_PATH, same thing.  I wonder what else I need to do.
I wonder, (perhaps more importantly), if I should hack PATH/GNOME_PATH
into global config files, or into a GDM session...
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.