Re: GNOME xdg-app runtime doesn't follow the jhbuild modulesets

As pointed by Christian[1], you still can use Builder and xdg-app, by installing your dependencies at .local/gnome-builder/builds/*/xdg-app/*, in your case GtkSourceView.

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-os-list/2016-May/msg00005.html

On Mon, 2016-05-09 at 08:10 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 8:25 AM, Sébastien Wilmet <swilmet gnome org>
> wrote:
>

> > Less on-topic, but why some GNOME-hosted libraries like libpeas are
> > in
> > meta-gnome-extended-devel-platform and some are in
> > gnome-suites-core-deps? I thought that all the GNOME libraries were
> > part
> > of the GNOME development platform. If officially it is not the
> > case, in
> > practice it is, since by definition GNOME core depends on them.
>
> Being hosted on gnome.org is not directly related to being part of the
> GNOME development platform.

GtkSourceView, which was in the example, is only used by 4 apps,
libpeas is used by 7 of the 24 applications in gnome-apps-nightly. In
comparison, gnome-desktop is used by 9 applications.

It doesn't seem too weird to me that libpeas or GtkSourceView aren't in
the SDK. It seems rather weird to me that gnome-desktop is used so
much, probably a side-effect of the thumbnailing API still living in
gnome-desktop instead of GTK+/gio or gdk-pixbuf.