Re: GNOME xdg-app runtime doesn't follow the jhbuild modulesets

On Sun, May 08, 2016 at 01:23:52PM +0200, Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Sun, 2016-05-08 at 13:17 +0200, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
I see that GtkSourceView is not in the GNOME xdg-app runtime. But
GtkSourceView is part of GNOME core, AFAIK, since it's present in the
gnome-suites-core-deps jhbuild moduleset.

Why is the moduleset not followed?

gnome-suites-core-deps is the dependencies for GNOME core, not GNOME
core.

The GNOME xdg-app runtime includes some modules of
meta-gnome-extended-devel-platform (part of GNOME core, if I follow
correctly), but not all. For example WebKitGTK+ is included, but libpeas
is not.

Less on-topic, but why some GNOME-hosted libraries like libpeas are in
meta-gnome-extended-devel-platform and some are in
gnome-suites-core-deps? I thought that all the GNOME libraries were part
of the GNOME development platform. If officially it is not the case, in
practice it is, since by definition GNOME core depends on them.

For non-GNOME-hosted libraries, then it makes sense to not include them
in the GNOME runtime, of course.

--
Sébastien