Re: xdg-app questions

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 9:35 AM, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:

ipc=true means we share the ipc namespace with the host. In practice
this means that sysV ipc (e.g. shared memory) works between the app and
the host. If this is not specifiec then XShm will not work for instance.
A value of true here is indeed a "poke a hole" operation.

network=true is similar in that a value of TRUE means sharing the
network with the host. If false, then the app only sees a single
loopback interface. Additionally abstract unix sockets are not able to
access services in the host, which means we can't reach the session dbus
(until we fix this in the session to not use abstract sockets).

Ah, this was my misunderstanding then - I've clarified the docs for
these keys: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/SandboxedApps#Application_metadata