Re: GnuCash page on GO site

I dont want to release something that may destroy your data.
I'm willing to have development go slower.  Most of the time
all we get from releasing a tarball is a bunch of bug reports.
The LAST thing we need is "HEY, there are no reports".

No, the g2 port is FAR from ready for even alpha testers...
and anyone that wants to look at pre-alpha code can damn well
pull it from CVS.  If you're just looking for mere-curiousity
we don't want your input at this time -- it's not ready for you.

-derek

Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org> writes:

> On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 16:04, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Depends on your definition of "soon".  There is still a lot of work
>> (like, oh REPORTS!).  But you're welcome to pull down the g2 branch
>> and take a look.
>
> I say that because a good way to attract attention is to make regular
> beta releases.  Just look at the gimp release process; people have been
> using gimp2 en masse since around the 1.3.5 release which was a long
> time ago.  Extra testing, extra input, and extra incentive to look into
> it [1].  This is also a well used strategy by AbiWord and Gnumeric who
> make regular development releases.  It is of course popularly used by
> Gnome as well.
>
> (Development releases is more what I meant.)
>
> You'll find few willing to pull the g2 branch from cvs in order to
> satisfy mere curiousity.  But lots of people will be happy to work with
> an official development release, even if it's just a tar.gz.
>
> I know that makes little sense but that's just how fickle people are.
>
> [1] and if you're lucky, extra developers ;)
> --
> - Charlie
>
> The future of the net - www.xwt.org
>
> Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>
>   Member of the XWT Foundation

       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available