Re: GnuCash page on GO site

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 16:04, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Depends on your definition of "soon".  There is still a lot of work
> (like, oh REPORTS!).  But you're welcome to pull down the g2 branch
> and take a look.

I say that because a good way to attract attention is to make regular
beta releases.  Just look at the gimp release process; people have been
using gimp2 en masse since around the 1.3.5 release which was a long
time ago.  Extra testing, extra input, and extra incentive to look into
it [1].  This is also a well used strategy by AbiWord and Gnumeric who
make regular development releases.  It is of course popularly used by
Gnome as well.

(Development releases is more what I meant.)

You'll find few willing to pull the g2 branch from cvs in order to
satisfy mere curiousity.  But lots of people will be happy to work with
an official development release, even if it's just a tar.gz.

I know that makes little sense but that's just how fickle people are.

[1] and if you're lucky, extra developers ;)
--
- Charlie

The future of the net - www.xwt.org

Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>