Re: GnuCash page on GO site

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 15:28, Derek Atkins wrote:
> A phrase-wheel is something like a combo-box, but more-so.  It allows
> the user to start typing in the Entry.  When the user stops typing (for
> some period of time, say 1-2 seconds) it creates a popup (like a combo box)
> with all the "matches" to the text the user typed.

That's in use in a number of places.  For example in Evolution, in the
email fields where it matches up what you enter against your contacts.
Or in Epiphany, where typing a URL will popup any matches in your
history.

> Unfortunately you misunderstand where the time is being spent.  Most
> of the problem is that a number of dependencies didn't make it from g1
> -> g2, or that the APIs and Assumptions changed between g1 -> g2.  At
> this point the g2 port mostly works; it's just missing a number of
> features (ala reporting) due to dependency issues.

Can we expect a GnuCash2 beta any time soon? :)
--
- Charlie

Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>
Online @ http://www.charlietech.com