FW: Re: gnome-office website (was Re: We're removed from FC2 ?)

In gtk 2.2 we just got the first format gtk presented us with. So I think
we should make the next GO release with gtk 2.4 only (provided with have
this copy/paste working between AbiWord and Gnumeric.)

  Would this have huge impact on multiple platforms? Particularly Windows?

Huh? Gtk 2.3 works great on windows. Also, what is this comment in relation to? In GTK 2.x clipboards, you don't get the first format GTK presents you with. You get back whatever format you select from the available Targets. If you fail to import that format and you don't select another format from the target list, that's your application's fault, not GTK's.

For mutual embedding we really need proper SVG support. So Gnumeric can
make a SVG representation of itself (same for Abi) and we can embed these
as images in each others applications.

Can we leverage the Inkscape team here, somehow? Is there a virtual printer out there that outputs svg?

Why and how would inkscape help here? What you want is a SVG backend to gnome-print.

We also need a presentation program. I'm of the opinion that it would be
rather easy to re-use about 95% of the AbiWord codebase for this and get
something decent within a year if I do it all myself. It would go much
faster if other developers got involved.

I'm not of that opinion.

Dom

Get some great ideas here for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day - and beyond. http://special.msn.com/network/celebrateromance.armx