Re: Why Inkscape is not in GNOME-Office??

Charlie,

i'm in no way involved with the development of dia, but feel urge to
slightly disagree.
I'm using dia quite frequently recently. IMO it's doing a _really_ good
job in what it's made for and I think it has grown to be a really handy
tool.
The major difference to other GO applications and maybe Inkscape is,
that dia's interface is not as polished, e.g. the icons in the main
window.

Am Mon, den 09.08.2004 schrieb Charles Goodwin um 18:28:
> Hubert Figuiere wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 17:22 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> >

> >>Microsoft inlcude Visio in some versions of thier office suite.
> >>

> >Then let's talk about Dia :-)
> >

> I'll probably regret saying this, but I think Dia really should be
> looking to leverage Inkscape.  The Dia canvas has always been buggy and
> in general a bit awkward whenever I've tried to use Dia.

I don't know which version you were trying, indeed some time might be
needed before getting used to dia. However, maybe i'm a very
conservative user or didn't use features you did. At least I can't
confirm your claims for 0.93. UML diagrams are working well for me.
(Well, after hacking line width #defines to customize eps output ;)
In any case, I'm sure that dia developers would appreciate your bug
reports in case you haven't already filed any. "... has always been
buggy and in general a bit awkward ..." is a statement that will
unlikely lead to identification and subsequent fix of problems.

No offense, really
Rob