Re: Why Inkscape is not in GNOME-Office??

Robert Staudinger wrote:

Charlie,
i'm in no way involved with the development of dia, but feel urge to
slightly disagree. I'm using dia quite frequently recently. IMO it's doing a _really_ good
job in what it's made for and I think it has grown to be a really handy
tool. The major difference to other GO applications and maybe Inkscape is,
that dia's interface is not as polished, e.g. the icons in the main
window.

I didn't say Dia wasn't good, it is a good and useful tool and I was in no way trying to detract from that. But (I haven't used it for a couple of months) even until recently it had noticable bugs. Frequently the aliasing on shapes would all become opaque until the screen was forcibly redrawn, and other such minor yet annoying bugs.

My 'thought' was in the spirit of pooling efforts and sharing resources, half of what Dia requires (the canvas and shape control) is there in Inkscape, which has a bigger team working on it. Right?

/waits to be shot down.

- Charlie

Charles Goodwin <charlie vexi org>