Re: Gnome Office updates

tor 2003-11-20 klockan 12.55 skrev Charles Goodwin:
> Mikael Hallendal wrote:
>  >> Sodipodi - www.sodipodi.com
>  >> Inkscape (fork of SodiPodi) - www.inkscape.org
>  >
>  >
>  > Should we really list both of them here? This is just going to lead to
>  > confusion imho.
>
> IMHO, yes, we should.
>
> They are now two separate projects heading in two separate directions,
> although both handling a similar task; vector grahpics editing.
>
> Unless Gnome Office is going to be ruthless on a 'advocate one app only
> for each task', which is not something I would have thought we would
> want to be doing.
>
> Maybe Gnome Office should only contain a single application for any
> single task, but we should still promote other viable Gnome alternatives.

I was mostly thinking that maybe we should wait a bit until they are
actually more distinct? At least I would be very confused if I saw two
projects looking and behaving the same, which one to use?

Anyway, good to see someone finally digging into GNOME Office :)

Cheers,
  Mikael Hallendal
--
Mikael Hallendal               micke imendio com
Imendio HB                     http://www.imendio.com