Gnome Office updates

Christian,

I've lately been bugging the Gnome Office list about "re-energising" the Gnome Office project.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-office-list/2003-November/msg00015.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-office-list/2003-November/msg00016.html

To start with, I'll offer a patch to update the web page once we can establish exactly what stays and what goes.

Should we split them up into "Official Gnome Office apps" and "Other Office apps for Gnome (ie exits)?

Gnome Office:
AbiWord - www.abisource.com
Conglomerate - www.conglomerate.org
Dia - www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/
Eye of Gnome - www.gnome.org/gnome-office/eog.shtml
Evolution - evolution.ximian.com
Galeon - galeon.sf.net
GFax - www.gnome.org/gnome-office/gfax.shtml
Gnome-DB - www.gnome-db.org
GnuCash - www.gnucash.org
Gnumeric - www.gnumeric.org
Planner (was MrProject) - www.imendio.com/projects/planner
Sodipodi - www.sodipodi.com

Others:
Agata - www.agata.org.br
Gimp - www.gimp.org
Inkscape (fork of SodiPodi) - www.inkscape.org
gLabels - glabels.sf.net
gThumb - gthumb.sf.net
OpenOffice.org - www.mwiacek.com/gsm/gammu/gammu.html
Sketch - sketch.sf.net
Toutdoux - www.toutdoux.org (dead?)

Let me know so I can provide a patch to the front page.

I'd also like to start establishing what we could do to enhance the web page and make it a portal, and really get Gnome Office going as a unified set of collaborating projects as opposed to a loosely bound set of individual projects.

I think that at some point we should procure www.gnomeoffice.org which is quite a nice url. :) (I'll pay for it if I _have_ to!)

We need to create a home for things like libgnomeoffice:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-office-list/2003-September/msg00011.html

There's an undless number of things that the Gnome Office umbrella project could do to aid and assist it's member projects... we should identify and implement as many of those as possible.

- Charlie

PS. I'm cc'ing gnome-office-list