Re: EggMenu

Hi,

On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 20:19, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > I'd be willing to port the current Bonobo code (which I wrote) to GTK,
> > by of course fixing its well-known problems and limitations.  But I'd
> > like to know what the plan is.
> >
> > The design of the menu/toolbar merging code probably needs to take this
> > into account from the start.
>
> Absolutely. IMO we need the dock, the GnomeApp equivalent, and the
> menu/toolbar API to go in as one big unit.  (Ideally the IDE-style
> pseudo-MDI thingy would also go in, if possible. Meaning you can stack
> multiple open documents in a notebook, tear off a document to be
> floating, etc.)

You might want to take a look at GdlDock (in the gdl module) which is
being used in anjuta2.  I wrote most of it, and while it may not cover
all the functionality you need, I plan to continue improving it.

It currently does the IDE-style type of docking you mention, but does
not manage toolbars/menus.  It was originally based on GnomeDock, but
has recently gone a major redesign.

Also, the Gimp 1.3 has a dock with similar functionality, though takes a
totally different approach.

As for GdlDock, I'm open to all kind of opinions (esp. wrt to the
overall design), and if you're interested I would be willing to work on
any changes you want to do to it.

Just my two cents,
Gustavo