What goes in gnome office (Lets keep it simple)

Ok now that our creative juices have surged lets take a wee step
back and try to simplify things.  Remember that whatever we put in
GO will need to make some coordinated releases and hopefully start
to share some code.  That clearly is _not_ going to happen with
emacs ??  So, step away from the narcotics and we'll try it again.

Definite Apps
     Abiword	- Just about 1.0 absolute must
     Gnumeric	- 1.0 absolute must
     MrProject	- ToutDoux's website says that it's development is
		on hold for a year.  Until Sept 2002 ?  MrProject
		has made clear request to be included and would like
		to share code.  This choice seems very clear.  Speak
		now or hold your piece.

    Presentation Program - Spoke with Joe Shaw (Achtung Maintainer)
		he's got a gtk2 port of the current code base, but
		not much time to work on it.  We've also ssen
		mention of a Spanish team that hopes to have
		something in place within 3-4 months ?  Lets see if
		the 2 code bases can be merged.

Definite Libs
    Guppi	- Lets treat this like a library for now
    libole
    wvware
    gnome-db	- In library mode. An application layer would be
		useful, but we should check on the status.

Possible Apps
    SodiPodi
    Sketch
    DIA		- all are useful, and ideally one could form the
		  basis for the shared drawing layer.

    GnuCash	- Uses Guppi and has previously expressed interest

    Evolution
    Balsa	- Might be nice to have an email client, but that
		  tends to get religious.  I'm tending towards
		  thinking that is part of a Network package
    Pan		- Same boat as a mail client.

Apps to EXCLUDE
    Lynx, W3M, Emacs - All great useful apps, but lets be sane.
    Galeon, Mozilla  - Lets assume these will be part of a Network package.
    EOG		- Its part of the gnome desktop, but is not really
		  required for applications,
    GIMP	- A great app, but lets start small
    GFax	- Possibly later, lets start small

Questions
---------
1) Are people ok with the notion of starting with a small set of packages ?
2) Email/News in Office or Network ?
3) Which (all?) drawing app ?