Re: What goes in gnome office (Lets keep it simple)

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Jody Goldberg wrote:

> Ok now that our creative juices have surged lets take a wee step
> back and try to simplify things.  Remember that whatever we put in
> GO will need to make some coordinated releases and hopefully start
> to share some code.  That clearly is _not_ going to happen with
> emacs ??  So, step away from the narcotics and we'll try it again.
>
> Questions
> ---------
> 1) Are people ok with the notion of starting with a small set of packages ?

I think this makes a lot of sense.  It might be nice to keep a
roadmap/wichlist somewhere though.

> 2) Email/News in Office or Network ?

Office for email (if you use evolution -- esp. for the non-email
components)

Network for news unless it's available within Evolution

(no swipe against balsa ... balsa and a standalone pan would better fit in
Network than office -- to my mind at least)

> 3) Which (all?) drawing app ?

at least DIA

-pate