Re: What goes in gnome office ?

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 03:13:32PM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> ons 2002-04-10 klockan 15.00 skrev Jody Goldberg:
>
> > Definite Apps
> >     Abiword
>
> I'm curious, what is the Abi-developers thoughts about this. At least in
> the past I've gotten the feeling that they are not to keen on
> integrating more with GNOME (since they want to be
> super-multi-platform). Or could this be done as a GNOME-only-addition?

This was part of what was discussed at the imprompto gnome office
bof just before the abiword talk.  The goal is to improve the amount
of shared code.  They would still be super-xp with support for
native menus/dialogs.  However, in an ideal world (from my
perspective) we could share the widget that renders the page.  This
offers pango and a shared drawing layer, while retaining their
native look.

> >     EOG		- Necessary ?
> I'm not sure this is really a office-application?

> >     ToutDoux	- How does this relate to MrProject ?
> It doesn't, (as in, they are redundant). GNOME Office should contain one
> of these, and imho it should be MrProject (obviously :), But MrProject
> is working harder on integrate with the GNOME Desktop, and have a GUI
> that is much easier and more "gnome-ish".
I had a feeling you'd say something like that :-)