Re: GUADEC Results

Hi,

> I don't feel comfortable about removing OO from the GNOME Office pages,
> unless I get a go ahead from the GNOME Foundation to do so. Especially
> since the Sun OO hackers have finally started contacting me about fixes
> for the pages.

Hmmm, in that case the question "what is gnome office" remains
unanswered?
(I am not sure). I have no objection to having Open Office stuff on the
Gnome Office
pages, but it seems confusing to people who want to find out what Gnome
Office
really is. But then again, I might be wrong.

> > I think we really need to check on this thouroughly, GNUCash does seem
> > like a valuable app for inclusion to me.
>
> I talked to the Gnucash authors and while they did not want to be part
> of a GNOME Office software release, they didn't mind being on the GNOME
> Office pages.

Again, it seems confusing to have things on the gnome office pages that
aren't really part of it. (at least, that's what I think)

> > Probably the maintainers of those apps should be mailed and asked
> > weather they want to join our happy family of office apps :-)
>
> Don't know which apps you guys refer to here :), but all the apps on the
> GNOME Office pages was contacted about being there, which they
> wanted/agreed to.

Hmmm, well, as you point it with GnuCash this isn't the same as wanting
to be part of Gnome Office I think. (We were reffering to sodipodi,
evolution, etc..)

Yours sincerely,

Almer S. Tigelaar