Re: Fwd: [GNOME-my]Possible visit to Malaysia

Imran William Smith wrote:

Can you point me to a URL which describes who
Jeff Waugh is, and his role in Gnome?  That would
help me justify.
as also know as jdub
jeff is
1. board member of gnome foundation for several years.
2. release manager of gnome,
integrating several gnome module become "gnome desktop"

3. maintaining garnome
4. creating gnome marketing project.
5. creating planetgnome

this is jdub's candicacy aplication.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2002-November/msg00008.html

& the later http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2003-November/msg00010.html

he is actually want to go to last fosscon if i announce foscon earlier
base on his comment at http://www.gnomedesktop.org/article.php?sid=1314

intervu
http://www.linmagau.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=195&page=1

in short word,
jeff is very important person in gnome developement

I"m suggesting if there is no event during in visit to malaysia,
we can just create simple workshop.

he is the person who are try to make linuxconf australia become a mini guadec.

Imran

Chee Bin HOH wrote:

Hi imran,

Sorry for sending this email at this time, but I
really feel excited.
we (gnome-my) just got an email from Jeff Waugh (GNOME
board of director), he and Glyn and Pia are planning
to have a trip to Malaysia next year after january,
and they are looking for a chance to join the local
open source confereence or seminar or user group
meeting (with gnovernment) for advocacy  of GNOME
desktop in local community.