Fwd: [GNOME-my]Possible visit to Malaysia

Hi imran,

Sorry for sending this email at this time, but I
really feel excited.

we (gnome-my) just got an email from Jeff Waugh (GNOME
board of director), he and Glyn and Pia are planning
to have a trip to Malaysia next year after january,
and they are looking for a chance to join the local
open source confereence or seminar or user group
meeting (with gnovernment) for advocacy  of GNOME
desktop in local community.

As i know that there is a Free and Open Source
Software Asia-Pacific (FOSSAP) Consultation on 9-11
February 2004 in Kuala Lumpur, so I am thinking of
possibility of having them to join the events (I
already contact with International Open Source Network
(IOSN), wooitong apdip net, ken apdip net)

But besides that, is there possible for MIMOS to
arrange time and mini talk for them (like what we done
for Maddog in MIMOS), and any other event or advocay
you can  think of ? maybe some kind of sponsor for
GNOME shows in (FOSSAP)?

We are looking for every opportunities to promote and
advocate GNOME.

regards,
HOH
,

Note: forwarded message attached.

=====
Chee Bin HOH <cbhoh gnome org>

Where we're going, we don't need roads..., http://www.gnome.org

Free Software - `Free` as in Freedom, http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
--- Begin Message ---
Hi everyone,

Glynn, Pia and I are considering a trip to Malaysia after January next year,
and were wondering if there were any conferences, trade shows, government or
user group meetings that we should sync our visit with - we would love to
meet all of you, and do heaps of advocacy while we're there!

  (Glynn is a GNOME hacker and Sun Microsystems employee, Pia is the
  President of Linux Australia and representative of LPI
  <http://www.lpi.org/> in Australia, I'm a random gimp.)

Thanks,

- Jeff

                  Push the envelope, or push the daisies.