Re: [GNOME-my]Possible visit to Malaysia

<quote who="Chee Bin HOH">

> The major free and open source conference is 'FOSSCON'
> which was conducted in August this year, so I think it
> will still be conducted in the august 2004,
> http://opensource.mimos.my/fosscon2003/index.php
>
> agenda - http://www.iosn.net/fossap/agenda.html

That might be a bit far out...

> But there will be a  a Free and Open Source Software
> Asia-Pacific (FOSSAP) Consultation on 9-11 February
> 2004 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, so will  you guys
> schedule to come on that time?
>
> FOSSAP - http://www.asiaosc.org/article_160.html

This, however, looks AWESOME. Seriously, seriously awesome. From the page
you linked: "The consultation will primarily target policy-makers who can
influence national ICT policies, including Director-Generals/senior
officials of ministries involved in ICT policy-making, Technical
Directors/Heads of ICT departments of ministries, and Heads of National ICT
interest groups."

Great stuff!

> There are several advocay groups of Free and Open
> source community - http://www.asiaosc.org,
> http://opensource.mimos.my,
> we can help you get in touch with them, and make an
> arrangement ;)

Cool. :)

> Sebol (sebol ikhlas com) mentioned before going to
> invite you and a few gnome hacker to come to FOSSCON
> next year, but now I think we can make it happen on
> (FOSSAP, Feb 2004) , have a mini-GUADEC like seminar.

YES!

> It seems that the next year will be a big time for
> GNOME, now I and a few guys are planning to setup a
> regional website for GNOME (gnome-my, temporary hosted
> under http://community.asiaosc.org/~cbhoh/gnome-my),
> So if you can make a trip to here, we sure to have a
> lot of heat and fun for GNOME.

Yes, I saw your post on gnome-web-list about this. I was intending to mail
marketing-list about hosting regional websites... We're already hosting DNS
for some, and gnomefr.org will be hosted there soon enough. We would be very
happy to host the gnome-my site, if you'd like. Either in CVS, or in a
content management system, we can work it out. Mail me about this. :-)

Thanks,

- Jeff

      "Then it hit me: What I really want is for all edit panes in all
    applications to be gnuclient processes hooked to a centralized emacs
                     gnuserver process!" - Gary Murphy