Re: [GNOME-my]Possible visit to Malaysia

Wow, That is cool, you guys are definitely welcome to
here.

The major free and open source conference is 'FOSSCON'
which was conducted in August this year, so I think it
will still be conducted in the august 2004,
http://opensource.mimos.my/fosscon2003/index.php

agenda - http://www.iosn.net/fossap/agenda.html

But there will be a  a Free and Open Source Software
Asia-Pacific (FOSSAP) Consultation on 9-11 February
2004 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, so will  you guys
schedule to come on that time?

FOSSAP - http://www.asiaosc.org/article_160.html

There are several advocay groups of Free and Open
source community - http://www.asiaosc.org,
http://opensource.mimos.my,
we can help you get in touch with them, and make an
arrangement ;)

Sebol (sebol ikhlas com) mentioned before going to
invite you and a few gnome hacker to come to FOSSCON
next year, but now I think we can make it happen on
(FOSSAP, Feb 2004) , have a mini-GUADEC like seminar.

It seems that the next year will be a big time for
GNOME, now I and a few guys are planning to setup a
regional website for GNOME (gnome-my, temporary hosted
under http://community.asiaosc.org/~cbhoh/gnome-my),
So if you can make a trip to here, we sure to have a
lot of heat and fun for GNOME.

regards,
HOH
--- Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Glynn, Pia and I are considering a trip to Malaysia
> after January next year,
> and were wondering if there were any conferences,
> trade shows, government or
> user group meetings that we should sync our visit
> with - we would love to
> meet all of you, and do heaps of advocacy while
> we're there!
>
>   (Glynn is a GNOME hacker and Sun Microsystems
> employee, Pia is the
>   President of Linux Australia and representative of
> LPI
>   <http://www.lpi.org/> in Australia, I'm a random
> gimp.)
>
> Thanks,