Re: suggestion: unified media player control panel applet

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 17:59 -0400, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 14:41 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 17:25 -0400, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > > (I don't think a generic notification area icon makes all too much
> > > sense; I don't think it'll save code, and they don't even necessarily
> > > have to look the same - sometimes they shouldn't...)
> >
> > No-one proposed one. I proposed a generic panel applet. Since a panel
> > applet is a better interface to use in the first place.
>
> You're fighting semantics here. I don't think it's a good idea either
> way.

Sorry, erm, when did the difference between 'notification area icon' and
'panel applet' become semantic? They're utterly different interfaces. If
you don't like the idea either way, fine, but please don't act as if
they're identical. Most of the _reason_ for my proposal was to get rid
of extraneous notification icons.
--
adamw