Re: suggestion: unified media player control panel applet

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 17:50 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> Applications in Desktop should agree on a general layout for the
> notification area, but I also don't believe that the notification area
> is a good use for media player remote controls.

Which reminds me that remote control configuration is a pain. Why isn't
stuff like this integrated in the desktop in any useful way (e.g.
configuration etc., similar to the desktop-wide shortcut keys in the
control-center package)? Anyone have ideas on this?

(I don't think a generic notification area icon makes all too much
sense; I don't think it'll save code, and they don't even necessarily
have to look the same - sometimes they shouldn't...)

Cheers,
Ronald