Re: Coaster-lib

On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 00:20, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> Seesh, making a bootable CD isn't that simple. I bet you a pint of
> Guiness for a bag of crisps that your "Make CD bootable" checkbox won't
> work on my machine, and on plenty others. Because you're just
> implementing "make bootable CD on x86", and that it won't work on
> PowerMacs, Alphas, Sparc, HPPA or even MIPS.
>
> I'd hold off there if I were you.

While I agree that we'll cross that hurdle when theres actually a
program that can burn CDs (no offense...), but I disagree that you can't
make it simple. There's powerful enough autodetection of architecture,
even if it's only at compile time, then you can either
a) Compile in the correct code to "just do" the bootable stuff
b) Hide the option if the architecture isn't supported.

iain
--
"If everyone is so darned proud of their country why don't they show it
in a little more useful way than pasting Flags on every flat surface.