Re: Cd Burning

Jeff Waugh wrote:
My take on this cd burning thing is that we need a cd/dvd burning *library*,
not necessarily an application straight away. With a cd/dvd burning library,
we can do funky things in Nautilus, Rhythmbox, wherever.

Hey, we need the application anyway ;)

My question about the library is what dependencies can it have, this is, it needs to depend on libscg from cdrtools if it is going to have advanced features like "detect if the CD is appendable". If the library is only meant to be a wrapper for cdrecord and cdrdao, it can be installed without problems and then fail with "you need cdrdao in order to burn CDs".

For the RB needs, a wrapper will do. What I would like to see is the "configure once", so that the config is shared between gnome apps and even between desktops. Can KDE read the gconf keys?

--
Manuel Clos
llanero eresmas net

TCPA y Palladium: http://bulmalug.net/body.phtml?nIdNoticia=1398