Cd Burning

Hey all,
On those note about RB and cddb-slave2, I would like to drop in a line about coaster. We or at least I know that Manuel is try to port his gcd master to gtkmm2. It s good to see that someone is trying. He asked me why not join a project. I see it like this. Any of the other projects that did your standard run on the mill cdburing like adaptec/nero seem to have some sort of bad luck on not being maintained. And if I am wrong on this I do apologize, but must of or all of those do not have direct gnome2 interaction with gnome2 devs. IMHO I think that in order to intergreat cd burning into gnome in that spects of RB and nautilus (to name a couple), we need a project that is handed not only through outside gnome dev. but inside as well. What do I mean by this? Gettting ppl on board who wrote some of the gnome2 apis or better yet the major prohjects...ie you want natilus support you join the cd project. Same goes for RB. Thats reason number one for starting the coaster project. The second it that a project like this will have to be done at a strat from scratch level to make sure A. It is right, and B. that it is gnome. Yes coaster is starting out as a normal cd app, but that is needed as the base to the project. From there we add a new cd api. I was hoping that eventually coaster would evolve into an api and instead of rylying on cdrecord to do the dirty work, coaster would have that support and that a api libray would exist for other apps to use cd burning funtions. IE your in totem downloaded a divx want to put it on a vcd...click burn coaster converts divx to vcd then burns to cd...all via api library.

Just my dime for the day,

Sean