Re: Audio and Data CD burning

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 16:13, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> We don't need a bonobo object IMHO. If we get a nice little API which
> supports cd burning operations, like iso generation, audio burning, etc,
> this can be used by all apps that need to do cd burning, so we avoid
> code duplication (which is the hardest part in this kind of apps,
> duplicating all that doesnt make sense. Plus it will make sure if you
> configure the burning system once, it will work for all apps).

Yes.
This is something that really needs to be defined all over the media
framework of Gnome.  When a developer wants to write a CD burning app
here is the API for accessing the drives.

The following interfaces should be laid out and be well documented:

CD burning
DVD burning
Playing audio
Recording audio
Playing video
Recording video

If an author wants to develop an application they should be able to find
these interface documents on the Gnome site.

--
George Farris - VE7FRG
George gmsys com