Re: [gnome-love] Problem building gtk+ using jhbuild

Thanks for the help. I'll try the git clone again then.

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 4:09 AM, Germán Poo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> wrote:
On Thu, 2014-09-04 at 03:29 +0530, Eejya Singh wrote:
> I tried git fetch in the ~/jhbuild/checkout/gtk+ directory but it still
> gets stuck. I have already tried downloading gtk+ around 4-5 times both
> manually and using jhbuild. Is there some other method (faster) that would
> help? Thanks for replying :)

You can try a shallow clone, something on the like:

git clone --depth 1 ...

That will not retrieve the whole git history.

Nevertheless, it seems particularly slow today.  It took me 46 seconds
to make a shallow clone of gtk+.

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/