Re: [gnome-love] New GnomeGoal

Le lundi 07 mai 2007, à 22:20 +0200, Luis Menina a écrit :
That's what I think too. Moreover, migration to GTK 2.10 can give great
GNOME Goals. I did for Ekiga the GnomeAbout -> GtkAboutDialog and the
EggStatusIcon -> GtkStatusIcon which give some clearly defined goals. It
helps to give some desktop-wide consistency, and removes the need for
copied/pasted implementations of these (which lowers the memory footprint).

So, unless someone disagrees, the next goal will be:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/AboutDialog

One issue I have with this goal is the license text: it's really not
good to have to paste it everywhere while GTK+ can have the GPL only
once. Also, should the license be translated or not?

I will in a day or two send a mail to announce this new goal.

Hrm. I believe it was suggested to first get feedback on d-d-l before
making the goals official. It helps catch errors, or things we don't
want to do.

Vuntz, could you please tell me if it's acceptable practice to cross
post desktop-devel-list to announce the new GNOME Goal, or some other
mailing list I may not be aware of ? I only saw two contributors on the
last one (David and Brian), so we need to communicate better about this,
and improve our visibility. If someone aggregated on planet.gnome.org
could forward the announce when it's done, it would be great too.

Cross-posting can be okay.

If nobody on the planet can blog about this, I guess I'll do it.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.