Re: [gnome-love] GTK Book: A Journey Through GTK+

Le dimanche 13 mars 2005 à 10:08 -0700, Elijah Newren a écrit :
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 07:21:24 -0800 (PST), Muthiah Annamalai
<dearestchum yahoo co in> wrote:
Hello Hackers!
Im writing a Book on GTK titled 'A Journey Through
GTK+', started with another guy, Ishan Chattopadyay.
The book is organised like 13 chapters with 5
appendices.

Wonderful!

It is GFDL'ed. You can find a incomplete version here.
http://www.nitt.edu/profiles/profiles/2001/ec10130/GtkBook.pdf

Doh!  An incompatible license.  Oh well, separate project I guess.  :)

Im using LaTeX to write the documents, and writing
example applications in C/GTK. I also happen to
write Octave-GTK , a GTK binding for Octave.
[http://octave-gtk.sourceforge.net].

It appears that you're using latex and then dvips from viewing the pdf
file.  That's fine if people just print the pdf file, but it tends to
look awful when viewing the pdf file in a pdf viewer.  Is there any
chance you could use pdflatex instead which fixes this problem?

Another way to get the same issue solved is to use:

\usepackage{pslatex}

in the header of the LaTeX file.  It makes LaTeX use PostScript fonts
instead of MetaFonts.

--
Germán Poó Caamaño
http://www.ubiobio.cl/~gpoo/