[gnome-love] Mailing list for GTK Book: A Journey Through GTK+

Hello Hackers!

I will be starting a mailing list for the 'GtkBook'
project at freelists sooner. An we can use all the
help GNOME community can provide. I know that we
can do a great job together, and make this 'GTK Book'
thing reach the light of the day before May 1st.

Ive got a few people willing to send in programs.

I hope we will meet in the 'GtkBook' mailing list
soon,
and split the tasks, divide the job, and conquer the
beast.

--- Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
It is GFDL'ed. You can find a incomplete version
Doh!  An incompatible license.  Oh well, separate
project I guess.  :)

I dont know, why would GFDL be bad ? I mean GTK+ is a
moving target, every 6months or so a newer version
pops
up right ? Well I guess when Im bored of it, someone
can carry on, if its GFDL'ed.

you could use pdflatex instead which fixes
this problem?

Let me see, I could else use latex-2-html or something
for online viewing if not in PDF format.

+ write GDK.Pango chapters
Did you mean GDK, Pango (i.e. comma, not dot?)
Yes, we need stuff on GDK , Pango.
As of MONO, I had missed it.

+ Editors to review content, style.

I'll try to help here if you like.  Likewise, it'd
be great if you read over my guide at
http://www.gnome.org/~newren/tutorials/developing-
with-gnome/ and gave me pointers and told me things
you liked and/or didn't like.
Sure! [Acutally I had been using it all along!,
without
really wondering who mustve written it. ]

+ Programmers to give code snippets.
  [Most of it is hacked from FreeSoftware].

The license covering code snippets must be different
or there's no way
I'll contribute. ... programming books should
typically license code  under a BSD license or even
stick it in the public
domain--after all,
it's *meant* to be used by others, right?)

Really we will do that. Great suggestion!

-- it only had the outline.  This seems to
suggest that you do have some parts filled
in somewhere.  Is there another pdf?

No, its still in the works.

Lets Rock.

Cheers