[gnome-love] Re: jhbuild-related project

From: Baishampayan Ghose <b ghose gmail com>
Subject: Re: [gnome-love] jhbuild-related project
To: Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com>,    Gnome-Love
        <gnome-love gnome org>

Hello Luis,

It was pointed out to me in IRC that lots of people are having trouble
with jhbuild.

^^^^^^^^^
That was me ;-)

You're not the only one :-)

1) I'm definitely working on getting hardware to do a permanent public
tinderbox on, ideally with several operating systems in parallel. In
the meantime, I can say today that as of this morning, tinderbox is
green- everything builds.

That is a great news! It'd be wonderful to have an officially
maintained tinderbox with multiple OSes/distros and arch. Really
looking forward to that.

At last ! As a newcomer it took me an incredible amount of time to have it building...

So... if anyone wants to take a default install of those OSes, and do
this work and dump it in the wiki, it would be pretty awesome, I
think, and very helpful to lots of newbies.

I will do the Ubuntu part. Can you set up an wiki in live.gnome.org
where I can put the notes?
Anybody wants to do the same with FC, Gentoo, SuSE ?
Regards,
-bg-

I apply for the Mandriva part...

You can also give a look to the work of the gnom bangalore team:
http://gnomebangalore.org/wiki/index.php/Jhbuild_issues

It helped me when I was in trouble with jhbuild errors. Maybe it's the next step after this one.

Regards,

Luis Menina